Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
Power Electronics System Energy Business Headquarters
Power Supply Equipment Development Department
Mr. Kazuyoshi Umezawa, Mr. Motohiro Tsukuta, Mr. Takuya Kimizu (from left to right)
- Application: Fuji Electric’s Kobe site uses the Typhoon HIL platform for their Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) development.
- Challenge: To overcome the typical limitations of open-loop and offline simulations in the early product testing stage, as well as the limitations of the high-power tests in the late product testing stage.
- Solution: The adoption of controller Hardware-in-the-Loop (C-HIL) made it easy to develop and debug new control software functionality, as well as verify the operation in cases that are difficult to reproduce in a high-power lab.
- Result: Typhoon HIL reduced the time and cost of UPS control development and increased test coverage.
- HIL Tested means quick reliable results with lower costs and higher flexibility.
controller hardware in the loop,