Hitachi ABB Power Grids needs to integrate various DERs and control multiple loads in a complex system environment.
- Before HIL, Software in the Loop was used to develop control algorithms but a system using real controllers was needed to ensure the system works.
- Controller Hardware-in-the-Loop (C-HIL) gives grid flexibility and adaptability to cover many test cases at an appropriate fidelity.
- C-HIL can be used from early design phase all the way into operational performance and customer demonstration with factory acceptance testing.
- For microgrids with BESS and solar PV, the seamless transition from grid connected to islanded mode was demonstrated using C-HIL.
- “HIL Tested” for Hitachi ABB Power Grids means great performance.